President Obama Signs Emergency Declarations for
New York, Maryland, Connecticut and New Jersey
As of September 14, 2012, the DFAS Columbus Customer Care Center started operating under
new Friday hours, from 7:00am-
FEMA has established a relief effort fund of $3.6 billion to cover damages from Hurricane Sandy. If you are going to assist in disaster relief efforts through FEMA, you need to get in touch with its Industry Liaison Program. The program processes and routes your company‚Äôs information, products and services to the appropriate FEMA contracting and acquisition professionals.
The information below has been reproduced from, and can be found here:
Follow these steps to ensure your company's information is captured. Failure to complete these steps may significantly delay your registration in our vendor information repository.
1. Register with Central Contractor Registration (CCR)
CCR is considered the primary market research tool for Contracting Officers. If you are not registered with CCR, please visit www.ccr.gov. [In July 2012, CCR migrated into the System for Award Management (SAM)]. Should you have any questions about the CCR registration process, please contact the Federal Service Desk at 866-606-8220.
2. Request a FEMA Vendor Profile from the Industry Liaison Support Center (ILSC) atFEMA-Industry@dhs.gov"> FEMA-Industry@dhs.gov.
Once you have completed the FEMA Vendor Profile, email the document to ILSC for processing. FEMA uses the Vendor Profile as supplemental market research and during disasters, forwards the information to the appropriate Contracting Officer(s) for the declared disaster areas, when applicable.
3. Monitor FedBizOpps
Upon completing your CCR registration and FEMA Vendor Profile, search www.fbo.gov for federal procurement opportunities. The FEMA Industry Liaison program can be contacted at 202-646-1895 or FEMA-Industry@dhs.gov">FEMA-Industry@dhs.gov.
Are you having issues getting your invoices paid?
Do you have a question on the DFAS payment process?
Would you like to meet the individuals you have been working with so diligently?
If you answered 'yes' to one or all of these questions, or need to come to DFAS Columbus for another reason, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com
You will want to include the following information so we may better assist you:
- Your name and contact information (phone number, email address)
- The organization you are representing
- The names of all personnel that will be attending
- The purpose of your visit
- Two to four possible dates for your visit. Note that these dates must be at least 10 working days out in order for DFAS to clear all attendees and ensure there are enough DFAS personnel on hand. Pertaining to clearance, if any visitors are foreign nationals, it can take up to 45 days to gain clearance.
Don‚Äôt let 2013 go by without sending your staff to a DFAS Open House
Conference Name: DFAS Columbus Customer Care Center Open House
- To give our private sector contractors/vendors an opportunity to visit our facility
- To obtain knowledge of our day-to-day operations
- To obtain information of our ongoing customer service initiatives
Location: DFAS, Columbus, Ohio (located on the DSCC facility)
Fee Charge: There is no registration or conference fee associated with this event. Attendees are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses. We do request a completed registration form to track number of attendees due to limited seating.
The agenda will include overviews of:
- DFAS Columbus Customer Care Center
- Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
- MOCAS Data Sharing Initiative (MDSI)
- Contract Pay (MOCAS)Mechanization of Contract Administration Services (MOCAS)
- Central Contractor Registration (CCR)
- Debt Management/Offsets
Accounts Payable-Vendor Pay:
- Defense Agencies
- Army Acquisition
- CAPS (Army)
- IAPS (Air Force)
- STARS (Navy)
- Accounts Payable-Contract Pay (MOCAS)
- Wide Area Workflow (WAWF)
- Small Business Office (SBO)
- Small Business Payment Acceleration
- Electronic Remittance-PAY.GOV and Credit Gateway
- Other overviews as deemed necessary
Additional: Open Houses have been expanded from one day to two days in order to include a detailed workshop on Wide Area Workflow (WAWF). Also, at the end of the Open House, you will have the opportunity to meet customer service representatives. The perspective briefers will be available to field your specific questions/issues during the panel discussion.
|2013 OPEN HOUSE DATES
||2013 WAWF TRAINING DATES